Thursday 7 February 2013

Sunday's Roast Potatoes

It's late. And I'm exhausted. So therefore probably not a good time to begin writing...which isn't going to stop me.

This blog's called Pastors' Daughters. So here's a thought about being preacher's kid.

Something at the moment that is a struggle not to find annoying is Sunday Lunch. Cos dad's a pastor at our church, and cos my parents enjoy having people round, we have people for lunch every single Sunday. It's odd if we don't. It's fun when we do. But I rarely know them..plus Sunday is that one day of the week where the rest of my friends seem to just relax, chill, some go to church, many catch up on homework etc but still, relaxation. I suppose a couple of hours in the afternoon are relaxing for me, but that's only if our guests are gone. I LOVE having people over and having interesting, funny, random convos but...when you're tired, slightly fed up for no reason, just wanna come home from church and sleep..sometimes the last thing you want is to have to be happy and make small talk with someone you've never talked to before but just happens to be sitting in at your dinner table. 

Jesus ate with his friends, tax collectors, "sinners" etc. all the time. To me, this suggests that meal times are important for fellowship as well as just a decent reason to eat yummy food with cool people. My attitude needs to change to become more like Jesus'. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, Jesus at times did need go to a "solitary" place (I suppose you could argue it wasn't really solitary since it was a time to pray usually). I imagine its gotta be tougher for a pastoral family because I think congregations tend to expect them to be prime examples of fellowship; of course as you said they also enjoy it as well. I would consider myself someone very affected by relationship; the closer it is (speaking still in biblical brotherhood/sisterhood), I tend to gravitate towards those types of people. But even I at times just want to sleep. I guess the whole point I'm trying to make here is that possibly other members of the congregation could extend hospitality as well, even the most consistent fellowshippers need time off lol. I also don't think its healthy to fake smile and fake politeness too; if there are frustrations, sometimes it is good to discuss them or ask for prayer with someone you trust. Just a thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete