Tuesday 18 September 2012

Dreaming Of the Pastor

FIONA SAYS:

DREAMING OF THE PASTOR
“LAST night I dreamed I was on Christian Summer Camp. Dad was there; it was the
evening meeting and he was speaking to us from the Bible. It was awful. He preached
this really long, fall-asleep boring talk and all the teenagers were nodding off…Being
the good pastors’ daughter that I am, I told him later that it wasn’t really pitched
right and I wasn’t sure if many people had been helped by all the Leviticus references.
Instead of saying “thank you, I will work on it” he did the exactly the same thing the
next night! How embarrassing!”


True story. A few weeks ago my hilarious friend Alice and I were
caravanning with her family in Cambridgeshire. One morning we started chatting
about our dreams the previous night and she shared the story above. If you have ever had
a similar experience, the chances are you are probably also a PK: Pastor’s Kid. If you’re not, then don’t feel like you’re on the outside of a select group (although you are) – rather, read on if you will and discover what it’s like to have all the letters through your letter box addressed to
Rev., or dread inviting friends to church because they will have to listen to your Dad
preaching, or be bribed with candy for being used as a sermon illustration in front of
200 people…


(Photo: Reynolds and Fiona cycling around Grafham Water, August 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment