Sunday 7 October 2012

Not Ashamed!

FIONA AGAIN:
I've just got back from my youth group (GAP/IMPACT) weekend-away in Norfolk at a little place called Wells-Next-The-Sea. It was so much fun to take over a youth hostel, go to the beach (twice), go bowling (admittedly, I didn't play because I was doing hwork but it was fun to watch the others a bit!), play a wide game in the forest when I dressed up as a tree and hang out with teenagers, babies and adults at the same time :) 

The theme for the bible studies and quiet/personal times was 
CONFIDENCE in our identity in Christ. 

It's funny, (in the odd way, not the haha way) that so many people around me at college appear confident. They're funny, sporty, smart, popular. They breathe confidence. They sing it in their sleep. And yet...I wonder if they can really, honestly answer the question, "what is your hope in?" or "what is your identity built on and is that solid?". 
Thinking about living without Christ is a terrifying thought for me. I'm a confident person, and yet a future without Jesus or heaven is a bleak, bleak thought. HOW MUCH BETTER is the promise from the bible in Romans 10:9 which says,
"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Let that challenge you this week (if you're a Christian and you are actually reading this) to be totally unashamed to call yourself a Christian and tell someone in some way about Jesus Christ's love for them...we'll try together and God will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment